Thursday, May 21, 2009

Time for a Change

After much thought and not much blogging, I've decided that it's time to try something new. So, from next week I'm intending to do a weekly blog based around lectionary readings. I see this as having the following aims:
  1. Hopefully it will give significant enough change in focus to diminish the amount of repetition that I sense comes through in much of my writing to date. (Perhaps you don't feel it, but I do).
  2. I think there may be the potential to challenge some biblical illiteracy that underlies many of the views that I have opposed so far.
  3. I know a number of people are struggling to find new ways to read the Bible having discarded a solely literalist interpretation. Is there anything left? I think there is.

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of justice raves and holy heresy still to come ;-) Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Jase, keep up the good work. You always show amazing grace and composure in the face of so many attackers. I, and I think a few others, look forward to what comes next.