Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Zambia

I'm in the last stages of preparing for travelling to Zambia tomorrow. I've been thinking for a while about the range of things I could possibly need in any situation and packed all sorts of things accordingly... and it's just occurred to me that this very problem is a symptom of my own affluence. I'm ensuring that I have choices that would not be readily available to the people that I'll be visiting. I guess the final prep is for my own mind (my heart, my soul, my spirit if you like).

Those who are going are hoping to be changed by the experience. We want to be stretched beyond our comfortable boundaries (but not too much), to learn from people who live in a vastly different context to our own. I'm keen to see God from a Zambian perspective. If the context in which we live really shapes the content of our theology, then we will have much to learn.

No comments: