Thursday, May 8, 2008

Conflict

Are there Christian principles for conflict resolution? Before I finished that sentence, I had already realised that undoubtedly many people had already put together their own Christian conflict resolution frameworks with bible verses to support each step of the process.

Perhaps the question is not well formed, but it arises from a basic conviction that I have which suggests that the way in which we resolve situations of conflict says much about our own character. Of course, it also says something about our own personal backgrounds, the examples set by our families and a range of other socio-cultural factors.

I'm no expert by any means. There are times when I'm surprised by my own capacity in this area, but mostly I feel that there is much room for improvement - and sometimes dwell too much on how things might have been done better. Perhaps it will always be a difficult matter but it's an area that is deserving of our attention.

No comments: